The countdown to the new year has started, as 2016 draws to a close we wanted to thank you for your valued support and wish you and your family a safe and pleasant journey this festive season. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous 2017!
55g Room Temperature Butter
100g Brown Sugar
280g Cake Flour
5ml Baking Soda
10ml Grounded Ginger
10ml Mixed Spices
- Heat the oven to 180C. Place baking sheets into for 4 baking trays.
- Melt the butter, sugar, brown sugar and molasses in a pot over medium heat. Pour into a mixing bowl and slowly beat for about 5 minutes until this sugar mixture has cooled down.
- Add the egg while the mixer is beating slowly.
In a separate blow, sieve all the dry ingredients together, then add this to the sugar mixture while the mixer beats slowly.
- Mix well until a soft dough starts to form. Roll out and use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies, place it on the baking tray with 5cm separation between cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool down.
Happy Baking from all of us at Kapama!