The Cape Buffalo falls part of the notorious Big Five, which everyone wants to find when out in the African bush. The other animals that make up the Big Five are Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Lion and Leopard.
A few interesting facts about Buffalo:
- Cape buffalo can weigh anything between 300 to 900kg
- They can run at speeds of 55km\h,
- They are extremely aggressive and unpredictable animals and will charge suddenly without giving any sighs, making them one of the most dangerous animals in Africa.
- Buffalo is dimorphic that means there are little differences between the male and female.
- The male is bigger and more bulker then the female the male have a helmed like structure in the middle of the head that links the two horns the helmed structure is called a boss and acts like a helmet if male buffalo will head clash can cause serious damage.
- Female buffalo is more of a red-brown colouration and have more narrow horns than the males.
- They are a social animal and are found in medium to large herds.